vendredi 27 février 2015

TPMS Malfunction

So I got 17" BBS SR rims and had snow tires put on them. I reused old TPMS sensors from the snow tires that were on my 135.



I drove around today and everything was fine until I got on the highway Nd began accelerating. When I got to 50 or so all these warnings started appearing "TPMS malfunction". The damn thing wouldn't telling WHICH tire had the malfunctioning sensor though. I stopped the car, restarted it, drove around a little and the error would not go away. I tried resetting the TPMS but it got stuck in resetting mode and won't actually reset now.



Am I going to have to get all four tires mounted and balanced again when they remove them to look for the faulty sensor? Is this problem typical? Could it be as simple as a dead TPMS battery? The sensors are probably 6 years old.



Honestly, I was happier before cars had TPMS sensors. They don't seem to serve any purpose other than cost way more than they should and break for no reason.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire