jeudi 1 octobre 2015

Methanol inhection

Hi guys,

I was always opposed to adding meth injection to my system because it was something Inever really looked up. I just assumed it would be a big hassle and most likely harmful to my car.

However, I did a little research and found out that if done properly it can be a great, reliable, safe mod. So now I have a few questions for those of you who are familiar

-is meth a good/bad idea for spirited street use? At first I thought it would be another thing to worry about filling all of the time, but then I read somewhere that it is not constantly used. It is usually used only in periods of higher boost. Is that correct?

-Is there a monitor system to tell you when the tank is low? I've read some guys use windshield washer tanks, and they get a low fluid light when they are low, I'd rather keep my washer fluid though.

-What size tanks do you guys use? 2L? 1gallon? Where do you store the tank? I do not have a spare tire will the tank fit in the little area next to the battery? Is that a bad idea?

-What's the deal with meth/water mixtures? More meth is more power and more water is more cooling, which allows you to run higher boost without knock?

-What is the 'whole mixing" fuel about? Is mixing e85 and pump the same goal as pump with meth injection? Raising octane? I know the power density of ethanol is lower therefore it takes more of it which can stain the stock fuel pump right? Does meth injection avoid this issue because it uses a separate pump?

Do you need a programmable tune (jb4) to run meth so you can tell it when to come on ?

If you are running higher boost it is a good idea to upgrade the charge pipe. When I do that should I gt one with a meth bung, because that is where it hooks into right?

How is this for dealer visits? Do you just unplug the hose from the cp and tae the tank out of the trunk? Is it easily traceable?

Where do you guys get the stuff? I read some people just get it at he depot. Is that stuff high quality enough to use?

Sorry if these are some noob questions, but the thought of this mod is pretty new to me

Thanks


Methanol inhection

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire