jeudi 30 octobre 2014

Kick in the clutch pedal

Hey guys and gals... I'm hoping that someone might have an answer to this as I'm dumbfounded along with my mechanic.



TL;DR: One can feel a kick through the pedal when releasing clutch pedal. Do you know what is it?



Long version ( all done under warranty):

Background:

I got my car last December with 22k miles on it. It's 2011 6 sp n52. Within 4k miles I noticed that the car was producing a gear rattle (grinding noise) when idling in neutral. I took it to dealership, and they replaced clutch and bearing in transmission. That didn't fix the noise, so the mechanic replaced the whole transmission. That still didn't fix it, so I took the car to another dealership. At the second dealership, they updated car's software which reduced the rattle, but did not eliminate it. They told me it was normal to have such noise. I made piece with it. That was back in April.



Issue:

6 moths later, the grinding noise increased and about 2 months ago, at 40k miles, I started noticing a kick in my clutch pedal when relapsing it. The kick happens under following conditions. Push the clutch pedal. Hold it for about 10-15 seconds, and release it. As the pedal is released, one can hear grinding noise starting up again. Noise and kick is directly related. Kick is more pronounced when the car is uphill or downhill. This week dealership replaced flywheel and put in yet another new clutch kit. Replaced yet another bearing in transmission. At this point I don't think there is anything that they didn't replace. Car has 42k miles.



Tonight, I went to pick up the car and the kick is still there. Noise is almost gone. Now it sounds like a very low grinding. Since the issue is still there, I just left the car at the dealership. Mechanic said that he will have a bmw engineer come to check it out since there is nothing else that he can think of that could be wrong. Kick happens at various realease points and sometimes it happens constantly, and yet at other times it's impossible to replicate the issue.





Does anyone has any suggestions what it could be?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire