vendredi 31 octobre 2014

Winter wheel/Tyre Change - Will this require any change to set up of car?

Hi Guys,



I'm looking to get some winter wheels/tyres, wanted to check if I can change between wheel/tyre sets without having to make any technical changes to the set-up of the car. Apologies if this is a really dumb question.



I currently run the standard factory fit rear 245/35-R18, front 225/40-R18 tyres.



I'm thinking of buy a set of bmw 16inch alloys with 205/55-R16 conti winter tyres.



Both these tyres will have different diameters and circumferences sizes so I’m concerned my speedo will give me incorrect readings and it may have other effects to the set-up of the car, like fuel economy or handling etc? bmw actually sell this wheel/tyre combination and say its compatible with my car, so I want to know if it is a case of simply swop the them over and your good to go? or if you need to change some setting or something to factor in the change in tyre/wheel size?



Thanks in advance




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire