samedi 28 mars 2015

Convertible Running Down Battery

It appears that the 2er convertible gives you a nice new way to run down the batteries. I was troubleshooting a problem with my wife's fob (in which she kept messing up my carefully adjusted seat settings. That part is fixed now.)



In the process of this, I got out without turning the car completely off. I reached in (the top was open in the garage) and hit the button to turn it off. I noticed the running lights stayed on. I assumed they would turn off in a few minutes, and left the car.



The next morning, they were still on. The car started fine, but not without a rather emphatic lecture about discharging the battery.



It seems that, when I turn the car off, the running lights stay on until I open the door. But since I turned it on from outside, I never opened the door. This wouldn't be as likely to happen with the coupe, because reaching the button from outside would be difficult.



So if you have a convertible, don't turn it off from outside. Or if you do, open and close the drivers door before leaving.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire