lundi 30 mars 2015

Front Grills and PDC Sensor

So the left center PDC sensor on my four month old M235i appears to have taken a direct hit from a rock and BMW wants to charge $600 ($200 for part, $400 for labor) to replace it. That was negotiated down from original estimate of $800 ($300 for part, $500 for labor). Dealer says bumper must be removed to change the sensor.



So, a couple of questions...



Did anyone replacing the grills on their 2 series happen to notice if those center PDC sensors could be accessed with the grill removed. That appears to be possible with some recent 3 series experiences I saw online. Hell, I figured I could destructively remove the old grill (I've read those threads) and replace it with a new grill myself and save a pile of money. Painted BMW sensors are available for $180 online.



Any experience with sensors ordered direct from China? They're $25, but are unpainted. I assume I can buy a spray can of Estoril Blue touch up paint, and it would look fine without an up close inspection.



Thoughts?



Bob




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire