vendredi 31 juillet 2015

Strange High Beam Assist behavior

I have 2 cars now with high beam assist - the M235i and the Golf R mk7 - and sadly, the BMW's one cannot even compare to the VW's. Additionally, after some 7,000 km it started behaving even stranger, like:

- turning full high beams on very late, i.e. several seconds after passing another source of light that the system thinks is a car whose driver shouldn't get dazzled

- even with no other car around, the BMW system reacts to the presence of random objects (such as those traffic info tables covered with glaring paint) too easily and unnecessarily, creating patches of unlit areas on the road (and for much too long after I already passed such an object), which can be dangerous of a cyclist or marching person happens to be present in such spot of unlit road

Am I alone with this problem, or do all M235i behave the same in this respect? Should I take my car in? I hate the very idea of those incompetent people at my Dealer trying to re-create the condition and diagnose the source of problem - but on the other hand I know from my Golf R experience this is no rocket science, and high beam assist can work properly and spot on at each time...


Strange High Beam Assist behavior

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire