jeudi 31 juillet 2014

Leaking valve cover gasket at 39k miles

Is it somewhat normal for the valve cover gasket to be leaking at 39k miles? I was about to change my spark plugs, and noticed pooling oil in the spark plug holes and around the valve cover. I pulled the cylinder 1 plug out and it coated my tools and plug in oil.



One interesting clue is i think the plug's electrodes aren't fouled because I've never noticed smoke when I'm starting/driving the car, but after removing plug 1 and reinstalling (fouled the plug when i removed) the car blew smoke and smelled like burning oil for a min then cleared up. Im assuming it was burning off the oil on the fouled plug.



Im assuming this is a valve cover gasket leak? I bought the car used at 21k with CPO. Will this be covered under CPO? Is it likely that the previous owner did a number on the engine and I'll be faced with dealing with his/her tuning aftermath?



I'm pretty freakin bummed. :(. On a positive side i changed the oil and tranny fluid with no problems. Shifter feels much smoother. I was doing all this to prep for a Dinan stage 2 tomorrow but i guess that will have to wait.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire