mercredi 29 avril 2015

Cigarette lighter charger with USB adapter: safe for iPhone?

Today the dealership called to tell me that BMW had discontinued the snap-in cradle for the iPhone 5, therefore my order for one for my 2-series cannot be fulfilled and I will be getting a refund. I probably dodged a bullet, as everyone says they are virtually useless anyway (and way too expensive) but now that a lightning cable to the car's USB port appears to be the only option to keep my phone charged, I have the following question re. a possible alternative:

- People say that it is hazardous to charge a phone via the car's lighter connector but how many of you do it? I am asking because the middle storage compartment on the 2 series is a little awkwardly placed and does not allow a device connected to the USB port inside the compartment to be stowed where the driver can see it, i.e. on a mount in the car's cabin itself. This is because when the lid is closed, the connection cable cannot be snuck out through a port. This means that if I want my iPhone to be visible and mounted, it would either have to be disconnected from the available charger or hooked up to the lighter socket. Can somebody please comment on this and let me know how you all address this issue? It must be pretty commonplace. Many thanks.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire