mardi 28 avril 2015

Interior ?

So... Any speculation regarding interior quality for the M2 ? Updates or changes Compared to the current 235i or an M3 for example?

Will there be any new features not yet introduced in currently existing models?

I am still contemplating possibly diving into an M2.. Would be my first BMW. Bare with me on my lack of familiarity with the product.

Checked out some BMW's recently to get an idea of what I can expect interior wise from the M2... (Of course, the anticipated driving experience of the M2 is primarily what draws me to it).. All my vehicle purchases have been... Fun/performance oriented vehicles... but I'm still curious where the interior quality will land.

I Found the M3 interiors I seen.. to be pretty fantastic to say the least. I was quite impressed. I won't bother elaborating.

As for the 235i's I checked out.. I loved the dimensions of the car and everything so that's reassuring. Comfort/interior wise it was well below the M3 (expected given the price difference.) But, I found it to be really just "good" but not great. (I checked out the 235i's first... before the M3's... so that my opinion wouldn't be as impacted by an obviously more expensive car.) But I have to say, the 235i left me... scratching my head... Coming from mostly Ford products... I expected a bigger difference considering a base 235i would still run me 55k here. It did not feel like a 50-60k car inside.
However, I appreciated the dimensions, and I Was comfortable. I am not as obsessed with interiors as many seem to be.. I am more concerned with driving. (Which is why my fiesta st is about the most enjoyable vehicle I've ever driven, in spite of costing less than pretty much everything else I've driven.)

Will the M2 be a noticeable leap in either quality or comfort ? With the M2 being more performance focused... Is the 235i supposed to be more comfortable inside than the M2? Or in spite of the M2's performance focus... will it also bring a better interior with that hefty premium it will likely command.

Also had to see how accessible the back seats were.. and how the headroom was... Seems a lot of reviews of the 235i liked to pick on the back..
Given that it's a sports coupe.. I don't have immense expectations for the rear.. But I have to say I was pleasantly surprised that it was not nearly as bad as I found the reviews lead me to believe it would be.

I owned a 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS m6.. so I've done the RWD coupe in the past. I have to say, it was a lot easier to get into the back of the 235i than it was the Camaro. Comfort and head room/leg room was probably similar. But it is in my opinion adequate for my daily needs. I was quite comfortable sitting in the back behind both the driver and passenger seats... when they were positioned as they would be when I drive. The accessibility of that back made a big difference for me though. It was noticeably more of a challenge with the Camaro I had. Pleasant surprise after all the reviews/opinions I read.

Excuse my rant.... Losing my sanity waiting for more details/images of this elusive M2.

So many new and exciting cars coming soon from many makers... But All I want to know about is the M2....:sigh:


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire