dimanche 30 mars 2014

Steering Rack Boot

When I did my last oil change I noticed that I had a small tear in the rack and pinion boot close to the outer tie rod. I searched around and really haven't found much on the subject. I called my local BMW dealership and they said that they would have to take the rack completely off the car to replace the boot and perform a full alignment afterwards. They quoted me around $500 to replace both boots and perform the alignment. From my look under the car it appears that it would be as simple as pulling the outer tie rod end off, replacing the boot, getting the tie rod end back on as close as possible to where it was previously, and then having a shop set the toe back to normal. Maybe I'm missing something or not taking something into consideration but it seems like it would be like any other car that I've worked on. Is the dealership feeding me a bunch of crap or is their more involved than what I proposing? Thanks in advance for your help.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire