dimanche 29 juin 2014

2014 335i M-Sport - Front safety features fail when the car has been left in the sun

I've got a weird problem, and it hasn't show often as the car is typically not parked outside.



I have a January build F30 335i M-Sport with nearly every feature. If I park it in the sun for a few hours it comes up with the following warnings on start:



Rear-end collision warning failure

Pedestrian warning

Front camera



These are the front-end safety systems (rear-end means when you're about to run up the rear of the car in front, pedestrian warning is when a pedestrian is about to step out in front of you). The front cameras all seem to work fine but I'm guessing these features are all controlled by the one in the rear view mirror housing?



I've only had the car a few months and it's only happened a few times. Today I realised the common condition - it's when it's parked outside in the sun. Today it was only 12C outside and I had the errors when re-starting, but once I'd driven it 50k's or so then restarted after parking in the shade it was fine. Last week I was house hunting, parked in the sun while inspecting a house for sale and the errors came up. The car doesn't usually get driven during the weekends (pity) and during the week it goes from garage to underground park.



I've just moved interstate and will need to find a BMW dealer here willing to do a warranty job for a car they didn't sell, but has anyone seen this before? A quick Google and search on here didn't show anything.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire