lundi 30 juin 2014

Need intake valves cleaned, which method should I go with? I have 2 quotes

I have 92k on my 07 335, the car is running quite rough, getting "hiccups" and nothing close to a smooth idle. The intake valves haven't been cleaned since I got the car a year ago at 60k miles. A reputable indie shop wants to charge $270, when I asked if it's chemical or walnut blasting he said: "Neither, I just clean them manually, chemicals are risky and walnut blasting is not necessary and only drives up the price. The valves are going to get clogged again eventually so making them shiny does nothing to improve performance." BMW charges $675 for walnut blasting. Would it be fine to get them "manually" cleaned? It's quite a bit of savings that way.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire