lundi 30 juin 2014

Is the mystery and allure of the NA /// engines lost for ever?

Natural Aspirated /// engines in inline-six, v8, and v10 disguise have been the centre of conversation amongst the /// purists around the globe despite all its engine blow ups, bearing issues and what not. These engines were the catalysts to the creation of internet forums where grown up discussed issues, challenges, disappointment and "pure driving pleasure" as one. Especially this forum saw the world shrink and people embraced one another without barriers - time, day or night, language, ethnicity or nationality - for their love for their beloved /// cars and that engine - NA.



For all its glory, these engines remained a mystery (may be not the right word choice) to all. The loft rpms and its screams, "challenge me" every time you turned the key, was something we all enjoyed over the years. I certainly do every time I drive my car. It's an epic event for me ... I don't know about others.



Despite all its bearing issues, it didn't stop anyone from enjoying the cars these engine monsters hid inside. These engines complemented the cars they were in - E36, E46, E92, E28, E39, E60 as the /// legend lived on.



But with the new turbo era, the allure I think has been permanently lost with just a run-of-the-mill engine mated to turbos tuned by the /// division. No more engine blowing, no more bearing issues ... now an /// car carrying a modified series production engine. There are no special discussion about these engines, because they don't blow, and bearings don't fail. Gone are the days of the discussions on 10w-60 or what else.



Will the internet forum become as boring as these new turbo /// engines? Is it boring or it's just me? Am I jumping to conclusion even before turning the key in a turbocharged /// car?



This is something that crossed my mind when I was watching TV, and I decided to pen it or shall we say type it. It's a rushed job and my apologies if it lacked substance and argument ... but I like to hear your thoughts and have a entertaining discussion.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire