dimanche 27 septembre 2015

3D Printed speaker adapters, in progress

In my last crappy post, I was confused and didn't realize that the 228's base sound system = the Hifi. I've done a lot of reading since then and now I get it, so I'm looking into the same upgrades many of you have done.

I see that people have made mounting adapters for the door/rear/center speakers out of MDF, metal, and CNC'd out of plastic. I thought I might be able to do something similar - possibly better - with 3D printing.

Progress:

Mocking up the shapes in Illustrator, saving as SVG, and then importing to a simple 3D design app. I sized the two parts and joined them, exported as STL, and they're (almost) ready to print.




In the printing interface. I can control how dense (read: strong) these are. Anything from completely hollow (not strong) to 100% solid.


So, there is potential for customization here (channels for wiring, ports, and special shapes for more difficult applications (i.e. rear/center channel). We're only limited by your imagination and my ability to operate this software.

These would also be significantly cheaper than existing options.

I haven't done a speaker upgrade yet, so this model is based solely on eyeballing pictures and reading dimensions.

If anyone would like to collaborate with me on this, I could use some mroe exact measurements, clear top-down photos, or samples of parts to work from.

If I have a clear photo, for example, I can use photoshop and illustrator to come up with the exact shape and then modify it. Saves lots of time.

Also if anyone is in the NYC area and would like to beta test some samples, let me know.


3D Printed speaker adapters, in progress

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire