mercredi 30 septembre 2015

Ordered my winter tires, but what about TPMS?!

Hey folks,

I ordered my winter tire/wheel package a couple nights ago through TireRack, and when I was checking out on the site, they gave me an add-on option to have them install tire pressure monitoring sensors (TPMS) before they're shipped. I think it costed something like $265, which I opted not to do.

But now I'm wondering if I should have. What's the more common thing to do with winter tires: take the TPMS from your summer tires and put them in the winter tires, or buy a separate set and have those in your winter tires? My concern is that transferring TPMS from set to set every winter/summer means take the tires off the wheels (I think) regularly, which isn't good to do.

Should I go without TPMS over the winter, buy new TPMS and have my dealer install those in the winter tires, or transfer my TPMS from the summer tires to winter tires and keep trading back and forth?


Ordered my winter tires, but what about TPMS?!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire