lundi 28 septembre 2015

Next move from a 2016 Cayman S, used italian exotic?

So driving along yesterday I happened across the same white Lamborghini twice. I don't even know what model it was, except that it wasn't a Gallardo or a huracan. It was larger than either.

But whatever it was, it was epic. Such sound and drama. I couldn't even HEAR my OWN flat six driving behind it.

It evoked such emotion in me that I think I want one. I've complained about having nothing to aspire to from the 981, that I've reached the pinnacle of my auto life. But I don't think I have. Driving behind and beside that thing stirred my soul. I feel that as a car nut I need to at least experience an italian supercar for a little time in my life.

I want a MANUAL. I am not willing to give up that aspect of the driving experience.
I can only really spend about $120 k cdn max.
This limits me to used gallardos or 360's or 430's (if I could ever find the elusive 430 manual).

Anyone made a similar move?
I've watched Doug De muro's on point comparo.

I LOVE my 981CS. It offers so much joy in driving.
I do wonder if a used Italian exotic will in fact offer more driving joy. visibility will be worse, parking a hassle, I doubt it will actually be as sharp and engaging as a modern 981S.
But I wonder if the drama and emotion of the Italian exotic will outweigh the loss of driving joy from the 981. Each drive will be more of an event, stir my soul more?

I am hoping to plug into the great group here (lots of true car people and good perspectives) and see if anyone has made a similar move and how that went for you?

Obviously this is a significant financial change for me. I live in a condo and would have to have 2 cars (a manual Nissan micra comes to mind at my "other" car), pay for additional parking and insurance. But cars are my passion and so if making such a move would best feed my passion, then maybe it's worth it.... :confused2


Next move from a 2016 Cayman S, used italian exotic?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire