dimanche 28 septembre 2014

e90 Storage

Hello everyone,



I will be storing me e90 for the winter very soon for about 5 months. Last winter, I stored it in a garage with a battery maintainer hooked up to the terminals under the hood. This kept my battery alive and healthy over the winter and ready for the spring. My concern this year, since I will be storing the car in a different garage, is that I may not have the ability to plug the battery maintainer in as I won't have access to an electrical outlet in the garage. My question is what should I do about the battery? Can I take it out of the car for the 5 months and keep it on a maintainer at my house? I have heard that it is not a good idea to leave the battery disconnected from the car for a long period of time as there can be electrical or computer related problems when you bring it out of storage?



Yes I know I am going to get people saying drive it instead of store it, after all, it is only a car! I am aware of this but I do have to store it for this winter for reasons.



Your comments are appreciated!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire