dimanche 28 septembre 2014

Rear suspension bolt question

Hey all, curious to see if anyone has run into the same problem as me, and found an easy solution. When I installed my TC Kline rear suspension I had to drop the swing arm/lower control arm to fit the new springs. However, when I went to bolt the swing arm back up, through the hub/knuckle assembly, I noticed that the knuckle looked to have twisted a bit while being unfastened. Both sides of the car did this, and I had one HELL of the time getting it re-aligned so I could shove the bolt through. It took two people, a jack, a big big pry bar, and a lot of swearing to get everything aligned.



Well, I want to adjust the rear ride height on my car, and I can't seem to adjust the rear ride height adjusters under the tension of the spring. I can spin the spring easily enough, the height adjusters wont budge. There were no instructions included with the height adjusters, so maybe there is a trick I am not privy to? Otherwise, presumably this means I'll have to drop the swing arm again and adjust them.



Two questions:



1. Is there a trick to adjusting TCK/HPAShop rear ride height adjusters with the spring still installed?



2. If the answer to the above question is no, is there a trick to keep the knuckle aligned so I don't have to call a friend to help manhandle to the LCA/knuckle to get it aligned so I can push the bolt through?



Picture for reference:



Swing Arm/Bolt that requires removal:







TCK/HPA Height Adjuster:







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire