samedi 24 janvier 2015

Breaking in?

Just picked up my 2015 M235i on Thursday from Pacific BMW in Glendale. Unlike Topcat, i'v been waiting 4 months (but then I had the M-Performance Limited Slip installed and I guess the port gets all the simple clean up and deliver cars out of the way before tackling things like that). Also unlike Topcat I drove straight back up I5 as I am suffering from a heavy cold and just wanted to get home.



Anyway I have a couple of questions. I've been reading the break in tips on this forum and when I asked the delivery "instructor" about it he said not to worry, BMW runs earn engine up to the redline after assembly, and that there is also a temporary rev limit installed theta cuts off at 4500-5000 rpm. That limit would be removed when i took the car in for its 1200 mile service. So, the questions are is that lower rev limit actually there? And, has BMW gone to providing for the 1200 mile service so its not at the whim of the dealer?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire