mardi 29 avril 2014

Are spark plugs and shocks/struts warranty items

I have about 6 months /5000 miles left under my factory warranty. My car is at the dealer right now for an oil change and spark plug replacement. I also asked them to look into possible bad shocks since my car suddenly feels super squirrelly when I hit a road imperfection-especially on turns. I saw some drip marks on the lower part of each rear shock when I was reinstalling my summer tires.



If the shocks are deemed bad, are these replaceable under warranty? Or are they considered wear items? Same questions for spark plugs.



My SA seemed to indicate the spark plugs were considered general maintenance and covered by BMW. I didn't ask him about the shocks. It just seems odd to me that my spark plugs need replacement after just 3.5 years or 45k miles.



I would think a bum shock during the warranty period would also be covered, but I'm not sure so I thought I'd ask.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire