dimanche 31 août 2014

High Idle

My car was misfiring like crazy so I took it in to the dealership since I don't have a cable to read the codes. Dealership replaced all the spark plugs and one of the ignition coils and the problem with the car shaking like crazy and sounding like a motorbike has gone away.



However, my car now idles at 800rpm as opposed to 600. No matter how long I drive the thing with the air conditioning off, the engine always settles down to about 800rpm. I don't think its the gas (I am running Shell VPower from the same station that I always go to). I've got 53k miles on the clock.



Anybody know what could be the cause? I've read that it could be injectors, VANOS, etc. How do I know for sure? Reason I ask is because I dont want to waste my time going to the nearest dealer which is 40 miles away just for them to tell me that there are no codes/problems.



Thanks everyone.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire