samedi 30 août 2014

So I drove my old E90 again today after 2 months...

Yesterday I came back to visit my parents and sister in NJ from my place in MI. I recently moved on from my E90 328I to an F30 328I Xdrive Sport and wanted to take the opportunity to go out for a spirited run in my E90, which was given to my sister as a gift.



Just some quick notes about it: the steering is very heavy. Honestly, I think it is too heavy. The F30 on sport mode has the perfect balance between too light and too heavy steering like in the E90.



The I6 still feels noticeably smoother than my F30s motor. This is saying a lot considering my F30 has about 3000 miles and the E90 has nearly 88500 miles.

My F30 is far quicker than the E90, especially considering the 6-speed AT vs. 8-speed Sport AT, sport+, and the fact that my F30 is tuned and was recently dyno'd at about 235 WHP/250 or so FT-LBs on a mustang dyno.



The handling is perfect, still handles smooth and corners flat, even with stock shocks and tires. And of course the steering feel is there. The car is noticeably smaller inside than the F30 and the interior is old-school BMW. Still feels solid after 88.5K miles which I am not sure the F30 will, even though it has much more features, space, and a better decor.



Overall, I love my F30, but I also love this car. I am so happy I didn't get rid of it and I passed it on to a family member. It brings back good memories and it is still a fantastic car to drive.



Some Images:













It's heyday:





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire