vendredi 30 mai 2014

Lag when pulling out of corners

Decided to drive a little more sporty for the past couple of days on my commute. I put it in Sport+ and had some fun accelerating out of corners. I can break traction quite easily, wet road helps and A/S tires too. However I've noticed that there is a significant lag when accelerating out of a corner, and it's not due to breaking the traction. It's not turbo lag either. It feels like auto transmission lag. What's funny is that I do not really experience this on a straight line, but when braking hard to enter a corner, the car stays in a high gear, and then when it's time to accelerate hard again, the transmission takes forever to downshift. So there is a several-second lag out of a corner to get going again.



It's very annoying. I could probably shift with the paddles but this AT might be crappier than I thought under tracking conditions. I think I was reading somewhere that Porsche had a smart implementation that feels when the car enters a corner and the AT reacts accordingly. Is this not the case in the BMW? There is no higher mode to be in than Sport+. Is anyone tracking the AT and has noticed that?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire