samedi 31 mai 2014

URGENT HELP PLEASE!! on fueling system ££

Hey All,



Last week my car has decided to play up. I'm hoping I can ask advice before spending serious ££!



On Wednesday, the car got me home from work without any problems whatsoever, as it always does.



Thursday morning, I get in, go to start and to my surprise, it just turns over but wont fire up. I wiggled a few things, locked/unlocked a few times, put steering lock on and off etc. and still the same thing.



So I was forced to call a near by mobile mechanic out to take a look. He comes over, plugs in his snap on box and the error codes are showing 2x new injector faults and glow plug faults(which I've had since a year ago and had never bothers the car before). He turns off the errors and the car starts first time and runs smoothly.



Next, he unplugs, leaves the car for a few mins, then tries again. This time, the car starts but runs like a bag of nails and kicks out a shed load of smoke. He checks again and 2 more injector faults 4&5 are showing.



So, his diagnostic is that the injectors are at fault and im facing up to 1000 quid to have them all removed and refurbed, or 700 if I just want the two faulty ones replaced.



My question to everyone is, does this sound like an accurate diagnostic, or could it be anything else before I go ahead spending that much money? (relays/fuel pumps/immobilizer type issue etc.)??



Sorry for the long post!

Jonathan




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire