samedi 31 mai 2014

Radiator fan codes

Hey guys,



My 08 328i started to overheat on my way home from work. I got the orange coolant temp light on the dash and the car went into limp mode in stop and go traffic on the freeway. The radiator fan was running so loud I though it was going to fly out. I had ac on max as it was 100*F. I also noticed the ac stopped blowing cold air. Luckily, I was able to pull off I-10 and get to a gas station to let her cool down.



When I finally got home, I checked for fault codes w/ INPA and got the following: P0691 cooling fan 1 relay control circuit low and P14C0 cooling fan 1mechanical defect or hardware defect. I didn't get any fault codes for the t-stat or the water pump.



Is it safe to say that I'm going to have to replace the fan? Is the relay part of the fan? I don't have my Bentley manual with me right now. I'm at 93k miles so I know the t-stat and WP are up next. Where would you start?



Thanks in advance!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire