vendredi 30 mai 2014

Spring Measurements?

I've looked around, and I've not found a definite answer. What size are most of the aftermarket springs on these cars? Strongly considering custom springs/rates via Swift, but don't know what sizes to get. I've seen conflicting reports for different sources.



Front: 8" height, xx(?) mm diameter

Rear: 9" height, 65mm diameter, although HPA sometimes notes them as 60mm.



Can anyone elaborate on this?



Potential setup would be w/ Koni adjustables. To be frank, I would likely end up near the specifications of TCK S.A. @ 400F/600+R lb/in springs depending on what the Konis can effectively be paired with. That brings up the question of at what spring rate does the off the shelf Koni adjustable begin to offer insufficient damping?



From there, the next question would be whether or not it would be worthwhile to fork over the extra cash and go with the TCK S.A. with their proprietary valving matched to the spring rate, and the "coilover-style" height adjustment conversion. I am reluctant to pony up the extra cash for the D.A. because I feel that at my current level of racing experience, I would lack to know-how to get the most from the independent adjustment that the D.A. offer over the S.A. Have to minimize the variables for dummies like me.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire