samedi 31 mai 2014

What temperature does the water thermostat open at?

I've gotten the "2EF4*map thermostat, mechanics" code a few times in the past week. The car isn't overheating but I think the thermostat may be stuck open. What temperature does the thermostat open at?



I went into the gauge clusters digital hidden menu and displayed the water temperature gauge to check it out on my way home from work tonight. It took about 3 - 5 minutes for the car to get to 70-72° C (160 F) and then it stayed there for most of the remaining way (about a 15 minute trip). It did creep up to around 78 C (about 170°) when I got off the highway and in my neighborhood. Ambient temperature was low 60s.



Excuse any grammer mistakes. I'm on my cell phone.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire